It's been a while since I did a Week That Was, I think my last one was Easter sometime...So what have we been up to the last week?
1. The weekend was a nice relaxing one, nothing particularly exciting, but just nice and chilled out. We did some baking on Saturday and decorated some Gingerbread people.
2. On Sunday we went for a drive out to a garden center that has some Animatronic Dinosaurs the monsters were keen to see...we were left a little disappointed by this as there was only 4 dinosaurs and we were expecting something a bit, well more! But they did have a great giant out door maze that we had a race in...boys against girls! The boys won and we girls got ridiculously lost! Until Jenson and Dean came back to find us and we found the castle together!
3. On Monday my littlest lady had her first ever hair cut! I noticed she was starting to squint under her floppy fringe so just before bedtime Dean grabbed the scissors and she sat beautifully on my knee whilst Dean cut it...OK its not the straightest (because he went in from the side of her not the front...the idiot!) but god doesn't she look adorable and the rate her hair has been growing it will be the right length in a week!
4. We had our one of our first Family Date Night of 2015! Date nights during winter seem few and far between, so now the nights are drawing out and there are fun things at night to go see and do we were naughty Mummy and Daddy and let the kids stay up WAY past their bedtime and went to a local bike night! Yawn I here you yell...and yep I agree, but seeing my babies face as they wander around with Daddy ohhing and ahhing at motorbikes makes my heart melt!
It was a suprise for the monsters and on the way our car conversation went a little like this:
Jenson: Where are we going?
Me: Its a surprise!
Jenson: Will I like it?
Me: Yeah...you will love it!
Jenson: Sssoooooooo...has it got a great big love heart around it?
Me: Well you cant see the heart but I think you would put a love heart around it if you could.
5. Jenson has been trying so hard with writing his name, on Wednesday he did a great job...
6. We made these cool clackers for an upcoming You Tube project...the kids loved them and no getting fed up either because they aren't that noisy!
1. The last couple of weeks saw me take a bit of a break from link up's. This week saw me return, but I am in a promise with myself that I only link if I have time to link up and read/comment straight away!
2. As I mentioned above a break from linkys has meant I have been able to get working on blog posts I really want to write! I now have an idea book (well its Evernote) full of ideas to get me through the next few months, so hopefully I will never be stuck for ideas again!
3. I am so pleased that people have started commenting on my photography. From friends on Instagram who are sure I have done some professional course (I can assure you I haven't the time or the money for such a course!) to other bloggers who's photography skills I really admire commenting on my posts, well it really gives me the kick to keep going, to keep practicing and the balls to ignore Dean when he starts moaning 'hurry up..why do you have to take photos of everything...jut press the button already...''
4. I started a few new features this week, What We Wore Wednesday and Fun Time Fridays, check them out an let me know what you think!
5. I started the ball rolling for an exciting new blogger collaboration a couple of weeks ago, and this week saw us really start getting their! And we almost have an introduction....its very hard though as we all live in different corners of the UK!! We are hoping to launch on June 1st so keep your eyes peeled!
6. My most read post this week was the Toddler Approved Tuesday link up closely followed by our Ordinary Moments.
7. My favourite post was the Get To Know Me video for our YouTube channel.
Things to look forward to and inspiration for the week ahead...
1. On Sunday we are visiting Alton Towers for the In The Night Garden ride' 1st Birthday Party, how exciting! And even more exciting is that I get to have a sneaky meet up with blogging bestie Beth (Twinderlemo) and meet her gorgeous lot! Excited much!
2. Half Term next week, Ellie is visiting her Dad, I wonder what me an the monsters will get up to! I will try and do some half term daily vlogs...but well I shan't promise anything as I'm not the best at fulfilling a full week!
3. This weekend marks 4 weeks til Britmums live...you can read my meme HERE!
4. As I mentioned above I am very excited for the new blogger collab coming up! More details on this next week!