2 posts in 1 this week! Linking with Hannah at Mums Days for her Mums list and Jocelyn at the Reading Residence for her Word of The week.
This week has been a great big
'out with the old'
(yes I know that's more than 1 word!!!)
week (hopefully next week will become our 'in with new' we will see)!!
1) Over the weekend I cleared out the younger girls wardrobes to make way for the summer outfits I've been collecting the last few months! I really don't think they need any more...but I know I'm a sucker for a cute baby outfit so they will get more stuff!!
2) The clear out continued when on Monday afternoon I decided, at 4 o clock, to start a toy clear out in Jenson and Evies bedroom....well that was a stupid thing to do because at 4.45 Elsie was screaming for her tea and the room looked like this....
What you cant see is behind me was also a massive pile of stuff on Evie's bed and behind the door (you can just see) is a pile of toys...I was stuck in the room...had to clamber my way out and leave the room as it was!)
3) Meaning I ended up having a night of no sleep because of these beauty's..... yes very cute but did mean I was squashed at the end of the bed and Dean was on the sofa for the night!
4) The results of my 'clear out' waiting for the Charity Shop to collect...
I know that the 'after' probably doesn't look anything special but the fact that you can now see floor is great (for us!!) and now the room is ready to 'move' when we swap bedrooms round in a few weeks.
5) Sorting out maps for our weekend away! We are taking the kids (minus Ellie as apparently shes ''too old for that stuff'' now and would rather stay at her Nans and go to a friends party on Sunday...just where did my little girl go!!!
We are going to the Dinosaur Adventure Park in Norfolk. As you can imagine we have some VERY excited toddlers!!!
6) I started an exercise routine...the 30 day Abs challenge and the 30 day squat challenge, doesn't sound allot but I haven't done any exercise since before I was pregnant with Jenson! These are my uber cool and super expensive weights.....
7) I went on my first 'school trip' today it was a fabulous day organised by the schools Parent Support Adviser, we went to the The EcoCentre, a local nature reserve and community site. I have never been before and can 100% hand on my heart say I WILL be returning! I wasn't able to take many (shouldn't have taken any!!) photos because it was a school trip, and that stupid school policy that someone else may get in on the photo ( I hate this policy with a passion!!!). But I'm planning on visiting again in a couple of weeks and I will take loads of photos and share them with you then! We enjoyed pond dipping, we found loads of newts and water snails and a few fish! We built dens in the forest and eat hot dogs and toasted marshmallows around the camp fire! It was so nice to spend some time with Ellie and have some fun with her.
Roasty Toast day and we were in our wellys...this may sound stupid but neither I or Ellie own a pair of trainers!!!
One of the newts we caught, apparently this is a male as its tale is longer,so Ellie told me.
1. I've decided that Tuesday nights are going to become Mummy and Ellie night....after a massive arguement with her I have realised that she is just so jealous of the time that the others get to spend with me! So this coming week will be our first 'Mum and Daughter Date Night' (can I call it that?!?!?!), we have decided to go out for some food this week, something simple, I know it doesn't seem much but I thought if we go for food at least we can talk to each other!
2. I want to decorate all the kids rooms as we swap rooms soon, I've started looking on Pinterest for ideas you can see my inspiration board here! I have a board for Jenson's room but so far I have no inspiration at all!!!!
3. This week was ''skint week'' so food has been a bit boring and basic!! So I cant wait to go shopping and fill the fridge and cupboards with scrumptious goodies!!! A couple of recipes I want to try are here on my Slimming World Pin Board. Yum Yum cant wait for some nice food!!!
4. We have also been searching for a holiday but so far we are hitting a brick wall, everything is just so expensive! We are definitely holidaying in England but everywhere I want to go is apparently 'to far' or 'to expensive' according to Dean and seeing as he is the driver I suppose he should have a bit of a say!!! Our favourite so far is Coombe Mill after coming across Fiona on Twitter. It is a 6 hour journey and I just don't think its fair to take a baby and 2 toddlers on that long a journey, but then we could always have a very early morning start and HOPE they sleep!!!!